Saturday, July 15, 2006

Close Again

Unfortunately for me, the editors of Pleiades can't use my short piece. But, and this is to writers what a birdie is to the amateur golfer, they were interested enough in it to ask me to submit again in the future.

Like getting a couple of good strokes in golf, the invitation to send something else is enough to make you want to keep pursuing a relatively futile escapade. Not quite right for the folks in Missouri, but, but, but...I write good enough, and maybe the next short work will be the one.

The agents at Georges Borchardt are not taking on any new, unpublished authors, according to the miniscule scrap of paper they sent me in my SASE. If only I knew what it was that I sent them. I forgot to log in the submission. The only clue I have is the stamp, which I've used in my most recent submissions. So I'm guessing that they turned down my historical fiction manuscript. If only a literary rag would show more than interest in my work, I too would be published and have real, live credentials. Maybe then the literary agents would give me the time of day.

Time to follow up with the Indiana Review, as it has been four months now and they've reached the limit of their stated wait time. Hard to believe that four months have flown by already.

No comments: