Saturday, February 25, 2006

My Two Cents

If anyone is wondering about the SASE's they sent before the postal rate increase, I can safely assure them that the post office does not seem to be overly concerned about the two cents due.

I've gotten three rejections that I had written off as 'no reply' back at the end of December (after 2 months, hey, it's done). Just yesterday, I received an old SASE with a 37 cent stamp and my mailman delivered it without any question. Laura Dail must be one busy lady, to take over three months to respond. What would have happened if the Post Office had a problem with insufficient postage? Would the rejection have gone to the dead letter office, or would I have been notified that I owed two cents?

These days, I only have partials out, no fulls, and the fact that I haven't heard back in short order means I won't be getting requests for more. Query on, query on, and then wait, wait, wait. It gives me something to do in between applying coats of paint to the kitchen cabinets and walls. Idle hands and all that.