Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Miss Me?

So I go away for five days and come back to check my e-mail, hoping that one of the agents who have my partial manuscript have sent word - any word, Jesus Christ Almighty, just get back to me.

The e-mail I've been using has been picked up by a spammer somehow, and I had 26 messages. Yes, I did hear back from one agent. Amy Rennert let me know that she was rejecting my query, two months after it was sent. Well, I kinda figured it was a no after a week or so, and I wrote it off back then.

I really want to hear from people who are reading the manuscript, and I want an e-mail. The rejections might show up tomorrow when the mailman brings the post, and since no one sent me an e-mail, I'm pretty much expecting some bad news. Those unfolded #10 SASE's are a sure sign that the game is up.

There are those who may never respond, like Peter Cox at Redhammer. According to his web site, he claims that he responds in four weeks, but it's been well over six and there's been nothing. Maybe he'll re-do the info and add the caveat "if interested in pursuing representation" and no one will have to be left dangling, wondering if he ever got the submission. What if his virus filter went off and he deleted the attached file that he asked for? I don't like mysteries, which is why I don't read them and I don't write them either.

Presidents Day is over, the holidays are done, and I have to sit down and work on the WIP, the short story WIP, and finish up the research on the other WIP that's being formed in my tired aul' brain.

No comments: