Friday, February 10, 2006

I Forgot

When I picked up the day's mail, I was as shocked as could be to find an invitation-sized envelope from Kneerim & Williams. Before I even opened it, I checked my list of outstanding queries, but it was not there. I had forgotten to update the list when last I sent out query letters, two weeks ago.

The preprinted card was sent to let me know that they had received the submission and would need a month or two to review the material. It was the first time that I ever got a card like that from them, which makes me think that either the previous submission was lost, or they have a new assistant who is very organized.

Nice to know that they have the packet, all the same. I guess that the other five queries that I sent on the same day must have arrived as well. By keeping busy with writing short stories and researching another WIP, my little brain's been rather too full to dwell on submissions. Most likely, I was obsessed with checking e-mail before because I did not have a good long stretch of time to write.

Thanks much, Kneerim & Williams, and I hope that when next we communicate, it will be to ask for the balance of the manuscript. In the meantime, I will get back to the revisions on another manuscript so that I can fire off a pile of queries when my creative juices run dry. But first, better check the e-mail one more time.

No comments: