Monday, December 31, 2007

New Year's Resolve

"I know this is a lousy time of the year to receive rejections, but this really isn't what we're looking for right now. Sorry."

Your expressions of sympathy are appreciated, but totally unnecessary. The query that I sent in the middle of September is long forgotten. Chalked up as a rejection, in truth. After three months plus a few weeks more, I'd assumed you weren't interested anyway and I've moved on. There's an entirely new and fresh query letter that I'm using now, rather like a new chapter in a long saga.

I don't honestly expect to get my manuscripts published, but that won't stop me from trying. The right place at the right time and I'm in, so if I give up, I'll never reach the time or place.

There'll come another day when I'll query Fairbank Literary again, and chances are I'll get the same response. Or maybe I won't. That's what makes the querying game so thrilling.

No comments: