Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Another Door Opens

Courtesy of Publishers Marketplace, source of all good things - the Aaron Priest Agency is about to say good-bye to two agents, and all of the clients associated with them:

Molly Friedrich is leaving the Aaron Priest Literary Agency to set up her own agency, starting July 1, and share office space with the Gernert Company, PW reports. Paul Cirone will join Friedrich, and as will all of her clients.


Something to look forward to when the query bug bites in the summer - but I have to wonder about their policies. I've queried Aaron Priest's firm before, and enclosed a SASE. However, the agency does not respond at all if they are not interested, and you can kiss your SASE good-bye. Doesn't exactly answer the question: Did my query even arrive? So, will Ms. Friedrich and Mr. Cirone continue with the brush off tactics, or will they have the courtesy to shove a form rejection in the supplied enveloped and put the author out of their misery?

Remains to be seen - and will Mr. Priest be advertising for new literary agents to replace his departing employees? Ah, the new agent at the established company...my favorite prey.

Come July, I'm sure I'll be looking for someone to query. I received my very first literary journal rejection today - from the Chicago Review. Shooting a little high on the first go-round, but by July, I might be out of literary magazines to submit to, and I have to do something with my time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello,
This is Michelle Wolfson. Sorry to see that I never responded to your query. I was between agencies. Please contact me at Artists and Artisans www.artistsandartisans.com if you think your material might suit.