Monday, January 30, 2006

Query Jones

There's pretty much no one left to query anymore. I need a fix, the sort of rush that comes with sending off the query letter. The anticipation, the dread; I have to have it but I'm out of marks.

The short story work is plodding along - not enough time to focus on the words and put cogent sentences together. The main distraction comes from waiting, as I wait on the last few remaining queries and partials that continue to dangle in the air.

Thank the literary gods for the blog and its many functions. I can compose little bits of fiction and save them as drafts, hidden away where prying eyes cannot find them. Today, I must write a few more sentences. It is the only thing that keeps me from fretting into an ulcer about the fate of my current submissions.

No comments: