Monday, January 16, 2006

Agent News

First heard the rumor on Writers Net, and now Scott Hoffman's new agency has a website: Folio Literary


Assuming that a new agency would be hungry for talent, I sent off a query to an e-mail addie that was slightly different from what turned up on the website. Naturally, I copied the query and sent it to the correct address.

Last night, Scott Hoffman answered - both queries. Did he not notice that he read the same thing twice? Was he being polite to not mention that he had received one already, thanks very much? Or was he shooting off a response to everything that came in, suspecting that anyone who had his new addie already must be somewhat on the ball publishing-world wise.

No matter, I sent the requested three chapters, synopsis and bio. All two lines of the bio, since I don't have any credentials. Of course, I put the bio dead last, after the one page synopsis and forty-seven pages of text. Eight weeks from now, I should have some sort of answer.

No comments: