Friday, January 13, 2006

Bananas

Just like fruit, the rejections come in. Four at once, a lovely bunch of no's appeared on my doorstep today. Am I supposed to be pleased that two of them were actually addressed to me, by name?

Patricia Moosbrugger says she is not taking on much fiction these days - i.e. please don't send me another query (reading between the lines). Ingenious of Faith Hampton Childs to scribble a little note - thanks, but no - and send my letter back to me. Saves gobs of money over the course of year, I would imagine. Except for the cost of the pens, but I suppose if one shops the back to school sales and buys in bulk...

I cannot seem to bring myself to send out another batch right now. In part, I don't have enough quiet time to prepare the query letters and still have an hour or so to work on the current WIP. The days fly by so quickly that I believe I will sit down to a fresh list of literary agents to be approached and be startled to discover that it is already March.

No comments: