Monday, January 23, 2006

Lack of Progress Report

Batch of rejections received, as to be expected on a Monday. Tamar Ellman of Laura Dail's agency does not want the rest of the manuscript - Katie's story reads like so many women of her era, she says. I hear the sounds of 'heard it before' as in the story is not fresh and new.

There was a day when I could look over my list of partials and fulls out to agents and feel confident that I had a lot of agents looking at my work. Today, I'm down to three, and not feeling positive about those. I should have heard back by now, if there was any interest.

In an attempt to get some kind of credentials, I sent off a short piece to the Pioneer Press and a short story to McSweeney's. Down about all the rejections, I'm trying to find the heart to write some more and try other literary magazines. I've found a great long list of journals for submissions, but coming up with something is going to be tough.

Slog on - write on - and keep hope alive. Sure thing.

No comments: