Wednesday, May 14, 2008

It's Still A Rejection

Last march, I sent a query to William Clark. At the time, I thought it was a good letter, but I've since revised it and made a brand new hook with a different character playing the lead.

At any rate, Mr. Clark was quick to respond to the e-query. Within a week, it was a form rejection, one in a series of rejections that suggested my query wasn't working, hence the revision and all that.

Today, he rejected my query again. No, not the new and improved version. He rejected the same submission that he rejected in March.

Was this to emphasize his lack of desire to read more? A couple of months gone by, and in case I was thinking of submitting again, well, I'm not forgotten apparently and I'd never slip in under his agent radar.

It was a rejection in March. It's still a rejection in May. I hope we don't continue this depressing correspondence any further.

No comments: