Monday, November 27, 2006

Waiting To Hear

If only Stephanie Lee of Manus & Associates would put me out of my misery. She's had a partial manuscript since the middle of August. Surely three months is enough time to tell? Or will you let your silence be the answer?

I know that the folks at BookEnds say it takes them a while to respond, but there's no sign of my SASE since the last week of August when I stuffed it into an envelope with a query, a synopsis and a sample of the writing. Go on, Kim Lionetti, you know it's brilliant. Just ask for the full manuscript. You know you want to. Sally Van Haitsma at Julie Castiglia's agency has had my query letter for just as long, and no reply yet. Another thirty-nine cents gone and nothing to show for it, and whatever will the folks at Castiglia do with a stamped envelope if they don't use it to send me the rejection letter?

Michele Beno at Curtis Brown, Gail Hochman at Brandt & Hochman, and Chris Parris-Lamb of the Gernert Company must all be swamped. No reply to a query sent two months ago. The funny thing is, the batch of queries I sent at the beginning of November, with a different letter, were all quickly rejected. So is the previous letter better after all, or are these literary agents just not bothering to respond any more?

I'd like to hear back, sure, but could you please reply soon? I'd hate to get a rejection letter for Christmas. That'd be worse than a lump of coal.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stephanie Lee just sent me my rejection -- after four months.

Just found your blog... I've been looking a long time for another blogger going through this miserable process, so I am pleased to make your acquaintance.

O hAnnrachainn said...

Amy, mo stor, welcome to the club. Sure and doesn't misery love a bit of company.