Saturday, October 21, 2006

Congratulations To Us All

How can I sit on such riches and not share them with all? Yes, it's true, that's riches I'm talking about. I've won a lottery in England. Don't know how I did that, considering the fact that I never bought a ticket.

Ah, I see. It was my e-mail address popping up, completely at random. Just the luck of the Irish, is it? Aren't we a lucky race? You've only to look at the Great Hunger to see how lucky we really are. I'm one of six most fortunate people, out of a total of 40,000. What I don't like is that the folks running the Heritage Lottery have made me a third category winner. I'm top of the range, surely. Shouldn't I be a first category winner?

Now it's up to me to claim my 1.5 million pounds. Here's where the sharing comes in. Everyone can contact the claims manager and get a piece of the money pie. All you have to do is set up an e-mail account at one of the free servers, like yahoo or hotmail. If you really want to annoy them, use g-mail, which is what they used to send their message to me. Use a public computer so that the ISP isn't traced back to you. Have the following numbers handy:
(i) Winning numbers: 35, 19, 20, 31, 18, 41
(ii) Email ticket number: 205-0-4051
(iii) Lottery batch number: 311-4GD
(iv) File Ref. number: HLF/66-CAW662006

Then, fire off an e-mail to the following gentleman, claiming the prize:
Mr. Edward Pinto,
7 Holbein Place, London, SW1W 8NR United Kingdom
Email: claim_officer@sify.com

Change the numbers around, send to them frequently, and who knows how many millions you'll have at the end? So thanks a million to Mrs. Helen Palmer, The Director Promotions of Heritage Lottery Fund. I'll get on that e-mail to Mr. Pinto right away. I wonder if he'll need any other information from me? You know, things like the number of my bank account, the routing number, that sort of thing? Amazing, isn't it, how the scammers get more and more sophisticated and subtle to rob people? No more direct request for your information, now it's a sneak attack as they try to pull the wool over your eyes from behind.

You'd think that most people would know that there's no free lunch, you can't get something for nothing, and if it's too good to be true, it isn't. Greed can be a dangerous thing, and that's why it's one of the seven deadly sins.

No comments: