Saturday, December 31, 2005

Actively Looking For What?

Agents say that they cannot keep up with the various sites that list their addresses and preferences. With that in mind, I should take the "actively looking" category at Agent Query with a very sizeable grain of salt.

Not that she's ever answered me before, snail or e-mail, but I sent off an e-mail query to Susan Schulman this morning. Ah, the wonders of AOL. I was able to check the status of my query, only to find that this literary agent actively looking had deleted the query. On her Publishers Marketplace website, she says that she accepts e-queries, but maybe she only accepts them on certain days.

I suppose I need a better e-mail address, one that suggests I might be some famous author looking for new representation. Unpublished need not apply, it would appear. Susan Schulman may be actively looking, but what she's looking at is anyone's guess. It's one thing to read the query and pass, but to tell the world that she accepts queries, only to delete them, is rather bizarre. Oh, what a funny world, the Saw Doctors tell us. Certain things you'll never understand.

No comments: