Monday, December 05, 2005

Lost, Strayed or MIA

Although Kirsten Manges has gone off on her own, I have not seen anything that lists her new business address. Such silence is unnerving. She has my manuscript with a four week exclusive, but the exclusive ran out two weeks ago. The follow-up e-mail was quite ignored, even though I sent it to the same address as the one she used to ask me for the manuscript.

Maybe I'm crazy or too Midwestern or too Catholic, but I would think that anyone starting up a company would be aware of customer service. My best guess is that she left Curtis Browne with a full load of authors and she does not really need anymore. From a player at an agency, she has stormed upon the literary agent scene with a stable of writers and can pick and choose from among the hopeful. Her silence regarding my novel has to be taken as an answer, and that answer is obviously no thanks.

Without guidance, I have to do what I think is right, so I am sending out more queries and will submit whatever fulls or partials are requested. The object of the game is to get published. It is a business, and business is ruthless. The movers and shakers of the current Washington administration did not get where they are today by practicing random acts of kindness for strangers.

Technorati tag:

No comments: