Friday, December 30, 2005

Relief

Funny how one might wish for a rejection. I sent a partial to Liz Trupin - ?? at Jet Literary after a quick response to a query. I only sent her a query because she turned up on Agent Query as a new agent. After one week, with an exclusive, she turned down a manuscript that she said lacked polish. It's pretty much the same manuscript that other agents sort of liked, enough to get the full, but not enough to offer representation.

Kathryn Green just asked for the full based on the query, and I was wondering if I should just send it and blow off the exclusive. Now I can send it to someone I feel more comfortable with, and not worry. As much as I want to be published, I'd rather have someone like Kathryn Green reading my novel than someone I look on as a relatively marginal agent.

All things considered, I don't think I'm ever going to be published, but I've got nothing to lose in trying. As soon as I can get the manuscript printed, it will be off to New York and another pair of eyes. Whatever happens, happens, but I'll keep writing because I like to write.

No comments: