Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Write Every Day

So goes the advice given by published authors to those who would like to follow in their footsteps.

Write every day.

A lovely sentiment, but one that falls outside of the bounds of stark reality for many of us.

With the economy in the tank, I'm forced to use every minute I have in making a living. I work longer hours, and yes, those are the same hours that I once used to write every day.

Like the government, then, I have to make spending cuts. I have to be more efficient in the use of valuable time, a commodity in short supply.

Writing a blog post doesn't count as daily writing. In that case, I'll focus on the manuscript revisions for today and maybe tomorrow will bring an unexpected windfall of thirty or sixty minutes for daily writing.

No comments: