Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Waiting For The Doors To Open

I've got my eye on April Eberhardt.

It's strictly business.

The literary agent who was part of Kimberley Cameron's firm is going off on her own and I'm just keeping my eyes peeled. The minute she hangs up the "Open For Business" sign, my query will be on its way.

She plans to go after women's fiction, written by women for women.

Sure, there's only a placeholder now at GoDaddy.com, but sooner or later she'll have her submission requirements all figured out. One day soon, her webmaster will have the site designed and running.

While I'm waiting for the doors to open, I'll have to polish the query letter that hasn't been particularly productive lately. Never a genius at marketing, I struggle to find the intriguing hook that makes the agents long to read more. Without a hook, I don't stand much of a chance, even with someone like April Eberhardt who's going to be needing some prolific, talented authors to fund her venture.

The clock is ticking. My brain is churning, the words tumbling.

God, please don't let her be one of those "no response means no" type of agents.

No comments: