Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A Forced Holiday

After eight years of scrimping and saving and counting every penny, we've managed to accumulate just enough for a sun holiday.

Ten days away from the gloom of March. Ten days of bright sun and warmth...assuming it doesn't rain every day.

No computer access there, because I can't hope to afford a laptop anytime soon and cheap motels don't have computers available for the use of the guests. That means no queries, no query rejections, no short fiction rejections, and no net surfing.

How will I survive without my regular injections of depression?

Ten days is a long time. I'll bring along one book, the book I've been pushing around the desk for months on end. The time has come to put nose to grindstone and do the research I meant to do so that I can re-write the historical fiction manuscript that came close to getting an agent except for.....

Ten days to think about what can go in the mix to fix those exceptions.

No comments: