Sunday, November 11, 2007

An Answer At Last

If you sent a query to Jacqueline Hackett when she opened up her own shop, and you've yet to hear back, you can blame me.

Six weeks after submitting, I received the rejection, thanking me for my patience. The folks at Literary Works (Ms. Hackett's intern, possibly) reviewed my query and they were so intrigued that they reviewed it for weeks. Couldn't get to anyone else, no doubt, because they were fascinated by the prose.

As per instructions, I pasted the first ten pages into the e-mail query, and I've no doubt that the formatting went askew. Quotations turned into question marks, paragraphs not indenting, that sort of thing. It's almost impossible to read something like that, but if it took so long to get back to me, they must have been working diligently to decipher the e-mail and then ponder the wonderful word play.

Sorry that my query stalled things for everyone else. Now that I've been turned down -- Literary Works is not the right match for this project -- they can get on with the overloaded inbox and get your rejection off to you.

No comments: