Thursday, July 05, 2007

Subscription Offer

Multipurpose rejection from Cream City Review -- won't be publishing the short story, sorry, but how about subscribing?

They offer a discount to writers who have contributed to their journal. Do they not understand that writers who contribute to their journal are scraping to cover the costs of the submission? I really can't justify spending $22 for a year of the review, when that same amount of money will cover submissions to other journals that just might pick up the story.

Thanks for the offer, but if you'd accepted the short story and paid me for it, I'd be able to subscribe. I will submit again, but I won't be enclosing the multipurpose rejection slip with my choice of 1 year or 2 years indicated. Nor can I make a donation. That's the problem with writers. They usually don't have any money for luxuries like subscriptions to literary journals.

No comments: