Thursday, September 07, 2006

Sort Of A Publishing Credit

Well, if I stretch the truth a wee bit, then yes, I've got something published - on the web, mind you. Didn't get paid a penny, either.

Surfing along, I found my very own title from my very own blog on another website that linked back to my pearls of wisdom. Someone has a website out there that lines up bits of news from Ireland for those who like to be in the know, and I've no doubt that they're making money off the adverts. I'll not quibble on this one, though. All credit was given to me, a clickable link available for those who wanted to read more than the first couple of sentences.

Nice to get noticed, but I don't have the guts to add that extra line to the last paragraph of my queries. "My writing has been featured at www.no_one_reads_this_website.com" just doesn't cut it with the professional literary agent. I'm holding out for something in hard copy. Not holding my breath, no, or I'd have gone blue in the face months ago.

No comments: