Thursday, September 28, 2006

Please Try Again

Well, it finally came, after a long, long wait. The editors of Indiana Review have sent a rejection. And once again, it's the old 'But do please send something else, won't you, even though we are rejecting this piece.'

What's to be done? Another round of submissions, now that most literary journals are open for submissions. There's something so maddeningly frustrating about all this, a sort of close but no cigar sort of feeling. I'd be a fool not to try again, when I almost made it the first time around.

Still, I have fifteen other subs out there. What's a few more? There are so very many journals, not stellar and maybe not paying, but a credit is credit and I do believe I need something. Or I could give up literary fiction and switch to murder mysteries. Hmm, write what you know. Would I have to kill someone to make for believable prose? Writing from Death Row - now that's some kind of author bio that would make a literary agent sit up and take notice.

No comments: