Monday, May 23, 2011

Self-Sacrifice For The Good Of Others

ABC Television would like me to watch a pilot episode of "Charlie's Angels" and "Once Upon A Time", and comment about them on my blog.

It's the whole social networking-outreaching mindset. I've studied marketing. I can't fault the network for trying something beyond the usual Los Angeles-based focus group.

Here's my take on your new programs, ABC executives.

"Charlie's Angels" was done before. Then it was given a full length movie treatment. I'm not wasting my time in watching what's gone before, as much as I love historical fiction.

I doubt that many others will watch it, and for the same reason. Can you not come up with a new idea?

Now let's look at "Once Upon A Time."

I'm the wrong person to ask for a critique on this one. I'm educated, you see. Third-level and beyond. A television program about the offspring of Snow White and Prince Charming isn't geared towards people like me. And I don't have a seven-year-old girl in the family so who here would bother with something so silly?

 So there you have it, ABC.

While "Charlie's Angels" takes to the airwaves, I'll be watching "Pawn Stars" or "American Pickers". I'll be tuned in to "Mythbusters" or whatever sports programming is available.

When might I wander over to ABC? When there's something worth watching.

Until then, I'll pass on by as I channel surf, and recommend that others do the same, to save themselves from wasting valuable time that could be better spent. Like, say, with a good book.

No comments: