Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Computer Drama Continues

No geeks are available until Monday.

Not good news, not when the computer dies every time Norton Ghost tries to back things up. Not good news when it's impossible to run videos without having the screen go blank. All those television shows, waiting to be watched, but I can't put them on without losing it all.

Writing with a fountain pen isn't all that bad, however. I can't write legibly fast enough to get the words down that are in my head, but that forces me to think a little longer about what I'm trying to say.

Ideally, that would mean less editing of the rough draft, since my brain's done a quick edit already. However, there's still plenty of junk that gets dumped out on the first go-round that will have to be cut away.

A long weekend looms, without videos or games or Microsoft Word. So far, the computer's held up through the accounting programs and it hasn't caused trouble with Excel or Access, but words are too fleeting and I don't dare take a chance on losing them to what is looking more and more like a worn-out graphics card.

No comments: