Thursday, December 16, 2010

Life Off-Line

The laptop broke down and you tried to fix it. All day long, you used the desktop to access the Internet to find out what fixes you could try.

In the end, you realized that it was beyond your capabilities and I'll be delivering the thing to the repair place when I run out to finish up the Christmas shopping.

All day long, I was off-line.

Sure, I can Twitter from my Blackberry but I can't send query letters, can I? And there's a new agent at Caren Johnson's agency who'd be perfect for one of my manuscripts. Late at night, I don't know if I can polish the old query letter into suitable form. Not as shiny as it would be if I could have started in the morning, fresh.

Off-line for the day. Before I fall asleep I'd like to catch up on the forums I follow. I don't have the spark needed to re-write the section of my current Work In Progress that I decided to re-write last night, thinking I'd get into it first thing in the morning.

But no.

I was off-line and cut off from the keyboard for the whole day.

Stupid laptop.

No comments: