Thursday, February 09, 2012

A Time To Write And A Time To Refrain From Writing

Before Lace Curtain Irish can land in sales catalogues, I have to approve the galley.

That means reading every single word, searching for typos and various other mistakes. I have to read very carefully, word by word, to be sure that pages or sentences or paragraphs weren't missed when the manuscript was transmitted across the Internet and its digital image turned into real paper and ink.

As much as I'd rather be working on the edit of another manuscript, my business partners are counting on me to get the proof-reading done in a timely manner.

Today I won't get a chance to put some fresh words down, to re-work sentences and edit out large chunks of sloppy narrative.

Instead, I'll do my bit so that we can set up our book give-away and send copies off to the book reviewers and the book bloggers who'll have us.

No comments: