Thursday, November 24, 2011

Studying For The Travel Test

I start from the belief that I'll never be able to afford to travel to the Continent again.

My dear uncle only died the one time, and the legacy was left just this once, so there's the financing for our journeys in a nutshell.

That being the case, I want to see all I can see in five short days.

One doesn't embark on such a campaign without studying up first. It's going to be a test, of endurance perhaps, and to miss an answer to the question of "Where to next?" would be akin to flunking the vacation. For the next month, it's study and cram and study and review.

No guidebook can go unread. No rerun of Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations can go unwatched.

There are restaurant reservations to be made...and none of us speak a word of French.

Google translate, anyone?

No comments: