Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Query Season

Joanna Volpe, literary agent at Nancy Coffey's fine establishment, is actively building her client list. She rejected my query.

Bernadette Baker left her own operation and joined forces with Victoria Sanders. She's actively building her client list. She also rejected my query.

Adrainn Ranta of Wolf Literary? Looking for clients, she says, but I haven't heard a word from her since I submitted a query over a month ago. No response means no, I believe.

To me, it also means that the query letter I sweated over for weeks isn't good enough to generate the slightest interest. That's why I've spent another few weeks revising it. The new letter is ready for its test run.

At this rate, I may run out of agents to query before the year is out, but I'll have another manuscript ready by that time and I'll be able to start all over again, with a new list of new agents looking to expand their client lists.

Remarkable. The writing-querying-revising process just runs on endlessly like a river that never runs dry.

No comments: