Thursday, May 14, 2009

How Much Would You Pay For This

We'd all like to be paid for every word that we write.

Now Amazon would like to help.

Of course, I always have the option of "monetizing" this blog. Any time I want, I could give my electronic approval and Google ads would appear in the sidebar. The pennies would soon be rolling in, as readers clicked on ads for every scam literary agent in the world.

Amazon's program is, as one would expect, far superior.

It's all a matter of signing on, and what could be easier?

I have to agree to send the same thing to Kindle as I publish to the blog. They say they'll check it, to ensure accuracy. But if I was monetizing my blog, I'd have to get rid of the ads. No Google sidebar ads allowed on the Kindle, not when the user is paying so much for the privilege of not having to buy an actual, physical paper and ink entity.

Amazon will then take my content and sell subscriptions.

There's a fortune to be made.

Who wouldn't pay just about any price for the information contained, at the moment for free, within this blog? All kinds of news about literary agents, about who's on the rise and who might be acquiring. Critical information about the length of time it takes to hear back after you've queried. Pertinent information about rejection letters. Pages and pages of whinging about those who don't ever reply.

It's priceless. However, Amazon would indeed set a price. In fact, they have the option of providing free content, just to entice people to sign up for the continuing saga.

I'd get 30% as my share of the loot, and I'd have to wait until my readership base was large enough to generate $50 in total royalties before I'd see a penny in my bank account.

Doesn't sound like a sure-fire, get rich quick sort of scheme. Then again, writing isn't a money-making proposition either.

No comments: