Thursday, February 19, 2009

Finding Time

It's quiet around here at five a.m., and with work taking up so much time, I'm trying to rise before dawn. If I can squeeze an extra hour out of the day, I can set aside that hour for writing.

Not much has been getting done lately, and I've been forced to give up on a little sleep if I'm to get my daily word to satisfy a certain addiction.

The fact that I've not been focused on writing is showing in what I'm doing now. The bits and pieces that were put down last month and left aside are not the makings of a strong first chapter. After reading over the old section, to get in gear for writing this morning, I realized that I don't have any direction and the narrative doesn't seem to be flowing towards the second chapter.

Rather than start from scratch, I'll take a break and send off another couple of queries for the manuscript that got a bit of a revision a few weeks ago. I'll be sure to use those "Forever" stamps, since postage is going up again in May and you can't expect a literary agent to get back to you in less than three months.

And I'll take advantage of the postal rate calculator at fictionondemand.com. Wouldn't want the submission packet coming back to me because of insufficient postage.

No comments: