Of all the days for the printer to act up, it had to be today.
For some reason, the latest version of the query has been working rather well, once we got past the Labor Day and late August holiday season. Within the past three weeks, I've had two partials requested and rejected by agents who don't often ask for partials, so the query's not bad.
Not good that the partials aren't getting any traction, but at least something's getting read, which is a start. As for the rejections, it's the usual 'didn't relate to the characters' sort of thing that doesn't mean anything.
Now I've got another request for the first three chapters, and the printer bogs down and shuts off because it's old and tired. No time to do much of anything else today but get the thing to crank out thirty pages, a cover letter and a label.
If I didn't have to work, if I didn't have to earn a living, I could have all day to get the problem solved. This need to earn money is interfering terribly with my writing.