Thursday, January 19, 2012

A Vacation From Writing

Not only was I cut off from the Internet (cheap lodgings will stretch the vacation euro, but there's always a down side), but I never had a free moment to gather some literary thoughts and write something.

Overwhelmed with the need to recall the cupla focal of French that I learned in the age of the dinosaur, my brain didn't even spin yarns as I waited in a long, long queue to visit the Tour Eiffel.

This unintended vacation from writing has left me disoriented as I sit down to return to an edit barely begun before my departure, and a short story that's little more than a hazy outline.

Where can I find some incentive to fix the formatting errors on Lace Curtain Irish so that publication can proceed on time?

The vacation is over.

The memories are stacked up in my mind, waiting to be filed away for some future use.

Like jet lag, this return to a writing routine will take a bit of time, but it won't be long before I'll be right back where I left off.

No comments: